What is the effect of CBG?The immediate effect of CBG is an enhanced focus and energy and thus it is recommended for daytime use. Cannabigerol (CBG) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid. It is known as the mother of cannabinoids as cannabigerolic acid (CBGA) is what converts into THCA, CBDA, and CBCA; and THCA and CBDA which then becomes THC and CBD. Though scientists have known of cannabigerol for decades now, there is still so much more research needed before anyone can come to any concrete conclusions about the exact effects CBG may have. Many of CBG’s benefits mirror those of CBD and also cannabinol (CBN). Here are some of CBG’s potential medical benefits:
- , though its vasodilator and neuroprotective effects.
- , as seen in animal models of inflammatory bowel disease.
- , again through its neuroprotective effects.
- , in animal models of colorectal cancer.
- , such as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
What benefits does CBD have?Cannabidol (CBD) is one of over a hundred other cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. It’s use can be found in a myriad of products to promote a feeling of relaxation among other health benefits. While research continues to be ongoing, some studies suggest that CBD can relieve or help treat a variety of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Chronic pain and arthritis
- Anxiety and Stress
- Nicotine and opioid addiction
- Muscle spasticity
- Low appetite from cancer treatment
- Epilepsy and seizures