For a short-term stash, keep it in a cool and dark place like a drawer or a lockbox. However, over time your extracts will be continuously exposed to elements that can deteriorate the aroma, potency, and weight. If you’re not planning to use your concentrates within a week, put it in an air-tight container or vacuum-sealer and put it in a consistently cool, dark place. Otherwise, you may need to utilize the refrigerator or freezer.
What is the effect of CBN?The immediate effect of CBN is relaxation and thus it is recommended for nighttime use. Cannabinol (CBN) is a non-intoxicating compound that is best known as the cannabinoid created when THC ages.
- Antibacterial - Researchers found it to be a potent a potent antibacterial agent.
- Neuroprotectant - In one rodent study, researchers used CBN as a treatment for ALS and found that it was able to delay the onset of the condition.
- Appetite Stimulation - In rodent studies, CBN increased the amount of food that rat subjects ate, suggesting that it could be an effective appetite stimulant.
- Glaucoma - One study on rabbits found that CBN (as well as THC) reduces intraocular pressure—the biggest risk factor for glaucoma.
- Anti-Inflammatory - CBN may also be a potent anti-inflammatory agent capable of helping those with rheumatoid arthritis.
What benefits does CBD have?Cannabidol (CBD) is one of over a hundred other cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. It’s use can be found in a myriad of products to promote a feeling of relaxation among other health benefits. While research continues to be ongoing, some studies suggest that CBD can relieve or help treat a variety of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Chronic pain and arthritis
- Anxiety and Stress
- Nicotine and opioid addiction
- Muscle spasticity
- Low appetite from cancer treatment
- Epilepsy and seizures