PACT ACT: Vape mail Ban
4/5 Update: USPS will continue to deliver until 4/23. We will ship all vape carts via USPS.
In December of last year, the Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act, also known as the “Vape Mail Ban” was signed into law by Congress. It will have far-reaching effects on your ability to order vaping items, devices, and accessories for nicotine, non-nicotine, delta-8, cbd, and thc products.
This PACT Act is putting online sales at risk by prohibiting the mailing of any vape-related products through USPS starting March 27th. Since the passing of this new law, UPS and FedEx have also followed suit.
What does this mean for you?
- Be aware that after March 27th, we will require business EIN numbers for carts order as well as a business address to ship to.
- The last unregulated sales day will be March 27th. So if you don’t have a legal business, this is your last chance as a consumer.
- We are still selling Delta-8 and all the other cannabinoids, but it just can’t be in carts. Save your empty CCELL carts. Those can be reused/refilled with our delta-8 syringes or premixed distillate.
DENEX is currently researching other shipping options for our vape customers. At this time, we do not quite know what we can expect, though we do anticipate a number of changes like higher shipping costs and longer delivery times. We will be sure to keep you updated over the next few weeks as more information becomes available regarding this evolving situation.
- March 1, 2021: FedEx vape ban went into effect
- March 28th- April 27th, 2021: USPS will ban the mailing of vape products. USPS still needs to clarify exactly when the ban will take effect
- April 5th, 2021: UPS vape ban goes into effect
The PACT Act legislation starts on page 5,136
Please feel free to reach out with any questions. We are here to help.